Help Feed over 250 Families each month!
The JFS Food Pantry serves over 250 families each month in the greater Kansas City area. Donate your time by helping shop with food pantry recipients in the grocery shopping area of the food pantry or help deliver food to homebound clients. More information below:
- Volunteers act as a “personal shopper” by going around with food pantry recipients and helping them shop for food (the pantry is set up like a small grocery store) and sorting and stocking the food pantry.
- Shifts are Tues/Thurs 9:30am-12pm & 1:30-4pm, second Tuesday of the month from 5:30-8pm and third Sunday of the month from 9:30 am-12pm & 1:30-4pm
- Deliver food to homebound clients on the third Sunday of the month
- Volunteers can pick up food packages any time between 10am-1pm
- Volunteers deliver 3-5 packages and it usually takes 1-2 hours
- Requires background check, proof of insurance, copy of driver’s license