Deliver meals to Kansas City area adults that are 60+ and homebound during COVID-19
Volunteer at the Shepherd’s Center of KC Central DURING COVID-19
Shepherd’s Center’s Home Delivered Meals Program mobilizes volunteers to nutritious meals to individuals, age 60+ or disabled, who are home-bound in the Kansas City service area during the COVID-19 crisis.
We are in need of volunteer emergency driver's to deliver frozen meals to isolated senior's in the KC metro area on during the COVID-19 crisis.
Preferably each driver will have a partner, a team of two. This helps when delivering, to have a person to help navigate and deliver the meals. This is a great opportunity for you and a friend or spouse to serve together!
More information about the meal delivery:
• Pickup location is at the Central United Methodist church located at 5144 Oak St, Kansas City, MO 64112.
• Pick up is located at the back side of the church, volunteer will pull up and a staff member will load items into car.
• Volunteer will need to have a vehicle capable of holding all the food ie: trunk and back seat clear or SUV with back empty
• Pick up time is 10:00 am.
• Route will take approximately an hour to an hour and a half and will have 6-8 stops.
• Each client receives a box of frozen meals, produce and milk.
• Drivers will need to have a valid drivers license current insurance, and be able to pass a background check.
**This is a contact free delivery to clients**
If you are interested please contact volunteer manager Bobi Hallak at email@example.com or 816-444-1121 ext. 105 to fill out a volunteer application and set up a time for an orientation.
You can make a difference!
**Must be 18 years or older, have a valid driver’s license and able to pass a background check**