SNKC has several volunteer roles available in 3 hour shifts. Great for beginners!
Do you love animals? Want to make a difference, but feel too busy? Do you need school or court-ordered community service hours? We can help!
SNKC is looking for volunteers who have at least 3 hours of time to give each month, for a minimum of 3 months. That's it! Just 3 hours a month makes you an official SNKC volunteer. For many of these roles, training is on the job and you can begin right away, with no orientation needed (orientation must be completed at some point within your first 3 months as a volunteer). Learn more about volunteering with us
Beginner-friendly roles include:
A little more training required:
- Greeter: Help greet and guide clients to the right area during our busiest times of day at 7:30 am or 2:30 pm Tuesdays-Fridays (1.5 hour shifts)
- Check-In Podium: Greet and check-in clients and their pets to our wellness clinic. Hand out forms and look up client account numbers in our computer database. 8:30 am and 12 pm Tuesdays-Fridays, and 8:30 am on Saturdays.
- Resource Maintenance: Help prep clinic tools and supplies like laundry, syringes, microchips, ecollars ("cones of shame"), pill bottles, donated pet care items, and more. 9 am and 12 pm Tuesdays-Fridays, and 9 am on Saturdays. We can flex this role to fit your schedule.
- Monday Clinic Assistant: We aren't open to the public on Mondays, so this is a great time to catch up on laundry, do special cleaning or organizing tasks, or help us out with administrative tasks. Schedule anytime between 9 am and 3 pm. Make your own hours!
- Home Team: Complete resource items, search Craigslist for free pet supplies, and other tasks as needed. Volunteer from home on your own time!
A little more than 3 hours:
- Data Entry: Take completed client forms and enter their info into the database. Typing skills and comfort navigating a computer required. 9 am and 12 pm Tuesdays-Fridays, and 9 am on Saturdays.
- Customer Service: Talk one-on-one with our clients to help them complete their form and figure out what services they need for their pet. Requires training in podium, data entry, and special shadowing and training in customer service. 9 am and 12 pm Tuesdays-Fridays, and 9 am on Saturdays. Must be 18 or older.
- Kennel Attendant: Help keep the surgery clinic kennels clean as dogs go home after surgery, and help with general clean up and organization throughout the day, including help with closing cleaning duties. A great way to stay busy and see all the cute dogs in our kennel area. 1-5 pm Tuesdays-Fridays. Must be 16 or older.
- Surgical Operative Support (SOS): Be a helping hand for our vet techs in the surgery clinic. Prep medications and surgical tools, and help with other tools and tasks as needed. 10 am-2 pm Tuesdays-Fridays. Additional training required. Must be 18 or older.