Photo/Video Peeps please Inquire
The Sewing Labs is seeking a Video Technology Volunteer who can assist our teachers in the classroom with virtual on-line classes and video production technology needs. The Sewing Labs has COVID precautions and protocols in place to keep our community safe. We check temperatures to all who enter and require masks, distancing and limited capacity based on current KC requirements.
Our Mission: The Sewing Labs is an inclusive and welcoming community teaching the legacy of sewing for employment, entrepreneurship, and enrichment.
The Sewing Labs is seeking a Video Technology Volunteer to assist our teachers in online classes with videos, cameras, lighting, switching and computer technology.
- Assist with sound, switching, lighting, and set-up.
- Produce video content in support of the classroom and on-line classes.
- Edit digital video from raw files to finished work.
- Capture b-roll for events.
- Distribute video throughout various web & social media channels.
- Organize and archive video assets.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Sewing Labs is seeking an individual to assist with on-line video classes in our classroom. We are seeking someone with strong visual and editing skills to shoot and edit together new content for our organization.
12-20 hours per week. Editing can be completed virtually.
COMPENSATION: This is a volunteer or unpaid internship opportunity. Role may qualify for college credit if internship.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: Looking for a candidate either undergraduate or graduate with a background in film, photography, communications. Candidates must prove DSLR experience with videography experience (whether personal or professional).
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: • Knowledge of audio/video recording and postproduction.
• Final Cut, Adobe Premiere, or background in other video editing software.
• The ability and desire to work in a non-profit, community environment
• The desire to meet and exceed measurable performance goals
• A fanatical attention to detail
• Ability to be a team player (Collaboration!)
• Energetic, compassionate, enthusiastic individual with an appreciation for creativity and making encouraged to inquire.
- Learn how to create content for a non-profit organization.
- Learn how video marketing impacts fundraising.
- Learn applications of video in various social media for non-profit growth.
- Learn how to coordinate all areas of video editing.