Help support the arts in Kansas City!
The Northland Symphony Orchestra is looking for interested ones to join our board of directors.
Our organization includes a professional/student/community symphony orchestra that perform five concerts per season, as well as two youth ensembles - The Metropolitan Youth Orchestra and Metropolitan Youth Sinfonia - that perform three concerts per season. We play a wide variety of quality classic symphonic literature for every music-lover. Our concerts are informal, family friendly and always without charge.
Our mission is threefold:
- Accessibility- We've always prided ourselves for providing quality musical performances without charge to those who otherwise might not have the opportunity or resources to enjoy the works of great composers.
Opportunity- We provide student and community musicians with the opportunity to maintain their skills and broaden their musical horizons by performing quality orchestral music with seasoned musicians.
Education- We’re committed to providing performance opportunities for young choral and instrumental musicians, instilling an appreciation of the arts’ importance within our diverse community.
Responsibilities of a fundraising committee board member include:
Those interested in joining the board of directors should contact Paige Buckmaster at email@example.com.
- Working with the committee to plan and implement 2-4 fundraisers per season
- Advancing the mission of NSO
- Attending board meetings, concerts, and fundraisers
- Participating in the planning and execution of NSO events
- Acting as an ambassador of the organization to the public