The Nonprofit Managers Institute is a 3-session learning opportunity designed to help nonprofit organizations get better results through stronger and more confident leadership. Participating nonprofit managers will develop essential supervisory skills to deepen professional expertise and enable them to contribute to the organization in a more strategic way.
The course addresses three aspects of leadership:
- Personal/Professional - understanding your own style and strengths.
- People - establishing and leading a high performing team.
- Planning - how to create systems, contribute to the strategic plan and improve operations.
- Participating managers gain an understanding of their own management style and the styles of those they lead.
- Grow a manager's knowledge of best practices in nonprofit operations and management.
- Provide managers with a useful collection of tools, samples and reference materials.
- Connect managers with a peer community of informed and engaged nonprofit professionals.
- The institute consists of three weekly sessions from 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM on the following Fridays: Nov 1, 2019, Nov 8, 2019, Nov 15, 2019.
- Each session includes nonprofit experts and experienced business leaders who bring hands-on, real-life experience to the topics.
- Sessions will be held at Nonprofit Connect. Attendance is limited to 24 participants. Fee includes all materials, meals and snacks.
- Participants must be Nonprofit Connect members.
- Participants must be in a paid managerial/supervisory level position in a nonprofit organization.
- Participants must be current nonprofit supervisors who lead a team of two or more.
- Participants must commit to attending all three sessions in full.
- Only one participant per organization.
for more information.
Nonprofit Connect is located in the KCPT building under the big red tower. Please park in one of the two lots directly north and across 31st Street from the station, leaving the main lot for KCPT staff and visitors with disabilities. Do not park in spaces marked AKC in the west side of the lot. Use caution when crossing the street.