The Nonprofit Managers Institute (NMI) is a learning opportunity designed to help nonprofit organizations get better results through stronger and more confident leadership. Participating nonprofit managers will develop essential supervisory skills to deepen professional expertise and enable them to contribute to the organization in a more strategic way.
The course addresses three aspects of leadership:
- Personal/Professional - understanding your own style and strengths.
- People - establishing and leading a high performing team.
- Planning - how to create systems, contribute to the strategic plan and improve operations.
- Participating managers gain an understanding of their own management style and the styles of those they lead.
- Grow a manager's knowledge of best practices in nonprofit operations, management and HR.
- Provide managers with a useful collection of tools, samples and reference materials.
- Connect managers with a peer community of informed and engaged nonprofit professionals.
- Nonprofit Managers Institute (NMI) consists of six sessions from 1 - 4:00 PM on the following days: Jan 26 & 28, Feb 2, 4, 9 & 11.
- Each session includes nonprofit experts and experienced business leaders who bring hands-on, real-life experience to the topics.
- Sessions will be held virtually. Attendance is limited to 24 participants.
- Participants must be Nonprofit Connect members.
- Participants must be in a paid managerial/supervisory level position in a nonprofit organization.
- Participants must be current nonprofit supervisors who lead a team of two or more.
- Participants must commit to attending all six sessions in full.
- Participation may be limited to one person per organization.
for more information.