The Volunteer Management Institute (VMI) is an intensive certification program that provides training in the core concepts of volunteer management. The training offered as part of the program is designed to sharpen and develop the skills of anyone involved in the important task of volunteer management for a nonprofit organization.
This 2 and 1/2 day in-person workshop will be valuable for the novice volunteer manager just learning the ropes or the seasoned veteran wanting to brush up on the basics. Attendance at all sessions is required for certification.
- developing a volunteer program,
- volunteer recruitment,
- volunteer training,
- volunteer support, supervision, and retention,
- volunteer motivation and recognition,
- risk management,
- developing boundaries and managing conflict,
- and communication.
- Volunteer Management Institute (VMI) consists of two and a half day sessions:
- Wednesday, 8/24 | 9:00 - 4:30 PM
- Thursday, 8/25 | 9:00 - 4:30 PM
- Friday, 8/26 | 9:00 - 12:00 PM
- Each session includes nonprofit experts who bring hands-on, real-life experience to the topics.
- Sessions will be held in person in Kansas City.
- Participants must be Nonprofit Connect members. (Not yet a member? Click here.)
- Participants must commit to attending all sessions in full.
- Participation may be limited to one person per organization.
So that we can serve you better, we want to understand who is in the room. You will be asked two demographics questions as you register for this event. We will never share your individual information, and we will only report on demographics in aggregate. Any questions or comments? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org